Budgeting Tips For Cash Advance Consumers
To avoid falling through the financial cracks and to stay on the right economic track, borrowers of payday loans should have a budgetary roadmap. This will enable them to avoid undesirable consequences such as bounced checks due to non-sufficient funds, an avalanche of interest, and late fees, as well as to pay their short term loan on time. More importantly, realistic payday advance loan budgeting and financial management will enable consumers to achieve their goals and to track their daily and monthly expenditures so that they can identify the areas where they can save money.
Borrowers of payday cash advance loans can create a monthly budget planner to estimate their monthly expenditures by following a few simple steps:
1. On a computer spreadsheet or a regular sheet of paper, they should list every source of monthly income.
2. They should then list all their bills, recording their monthly expenses by category, minimum payment, annual percentage rate (APR) and payoff amount. The list should include the following categories:
- Mortgage or rent
- Auto payment
- Insurance payments
- Home maintenance
- Gas & transportation
- Cable, internet
- Health care
- Miscellaneous expens
3. Having created these two key lists, payday advance loan borrowers should proceed to compare the two columns and determine whether (1) they are spending within their economic means or (2) they are earning less than what they are spending. The latter would mean that they should reduce their expenses.
4. Subsequently, short term loan clients will have to choose which important items to continue spending money on and decide how much money they need to spend on them.
5. Quick cash advance consumers should then list the categories paid for with credit and decide whether they wish to borrow each month for these particular expenses.
6. Next, borrowers of payday cash advance loans should brainstorm ways to save dollars in each of the categories and set an objective of a minimum 10% savings per expense classification. Flexible expenditures are those which are directly within the consumer's control, and they include entertainment, outside meals, groceries, utilities, household items, and hair salon visits, to name a few. Cash advance customers should take a hard-nosed look at their spending habits and avoid unnecessary expenditures. They will have to think of ways to cut down on their consumption of items such as personal care products, electricity, gas, as well as clothing and/or eliminate extras such as health club subscriptions, tobacco, or movies. For instance, consumers can opt for shopping at wholesale food shops as opposed to pricey gourmet stores. Shopping with a list has also proven to generate savings since non-priority purchases are avoided. By getting rid of superfluous purchases- even small everyday items, which in time do add up- payday loan borrowers will be able to start building up savings.
7. Cash advance consumers should get their spouses and children actively involved in budgeting; this will rack up additional and more meaningful savings.
8. If their budget permits it, payday advance loan borrowers should strive to pay more than the minimum amount required on their bills.
9. Finally, customers that frequently seek short term loans would benefit from setting up an emergency fund. Such a budgeting tool would pay dividends since the funds set aside and deposited in a savings account will be reserved for emergencies only. Borrowers can create such a fund by utilizing the proceeds derived from such money-saving activities as holding a garage sale, packing their lunch, bypassing the purchase of DVDs, or taking on a side job.
More Payday Loan articles: